How to Create a Stunning Wedding Website (and Hashtag!)
Go to almost any wedding these days – or browse any recently married friend’s Instagram – and you’ll see it: the cute, catchy, unique wedding hashtag. Almost every couple has one for their big day, now, and it’s easy to see why: pictures are organized across social media and easily searchable for the bride, the groom, and the happy guests. Plus, how cute is it when you have your own super-exclusive, awe-inducing couple’s tag?
Take it a step, further, too, and your wedding is completely customized with its own website: everything you need and care about in one convenient place! Not only will your guests thank you for fewer headaches due to lost info, but you will look oh so pulled together and efficient.
Do You Need a Wedding Website?
A wedding website may seem like a big concept, but it’s really just a streamlined way of organizing your big day. Rather than a bunch of lists, papers all over or even hundreds of different links, you have, instead, everything in one place.
Some wedding website examples that really drive this point home are inclusive of many important items that you may have been considering sending out one by one:
- A place to RSVP: Keep an accurate and easily accessible headcount by having all RSVPs direct to one portal on your site.
- Your registry: Instead of randomly sending out links to Target and Crate & Barrel and feeling like you may be forgetting something, having your registry all in one place will make it easier for your guests to get you what you really need.
- Directions: Don’t let your guests feel lost – and keep them from bothering you the day of the wedding for directions to the venue(s).
Have a look at these sites to draw some inspiration:
How to Build Your Wedding Website
Look, we know not everyone is a natural-born coder or web-builder, so, luckily, there are services that can help with this! Check out these best free wedding websites:
- Minted: If you have a general idea of what you want to do and how you want your site to look, there are some great free options out there! Minted.com, for one, hosts a number of free wedding website designs that also correspond to invitations to really keep your theme going! You can select your style, colors, season, etc. and then get to work building what you want to include.
- The Knot: The Knot is another route you can go – they offer both free and paid services, depending on if you would like a custom domain. Everything syncs in one place, and you have a ton of options to choose from when it comes to design.
What About Wedding Hashtags?
Wedding hashtags streamline a wedding – they organize a potentially messy world of free-floating wedding photos into one easy, searchable group. Just as you can crowdsource a trending tag, wedding hashtags mean you can crowdsource your own photos, too.
Many couples do something unique to incorporate both names, the bride’s new last name or even make a pun! Whatever you come up with, it means you won’t have to keep soliciting your guests to email you pictures they took – the best ones will already be on your social feed.
Include your hashtag in your wedding invites, your reminders and, especially, create a wedding hashtag sign at the wedding itself, so guests are reminded of the hashtag and actually use it. You will be able to look back on your big day as you jet off to your honeymoon as the pictures are organized right for you in one social stream.
Hopefully you feel, now, that you don’t have to have a degree in computer science to set up a website, that you don’t have to keep track of directions and registries and date information in a thousand different places and that you don’t have to stress over waiting for friends and family to send you pictures slowly, thanks to hashtag searching!
By setting up a site, you are taking the headache away from guests and from you. And by creating a unique hashtag, you are not only making posting fun but giving yourself the gift of instant wedding photos. So get building, get tagging and have a totally memorable – and searchable –wedding of your dreams!